This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Thursday, October 27, 2011

lifedrawing log - 10.26.11

The guy next to me had his headphones at max volume and was whimpering like a Skeksi. There was really no polite way of bringing that to his attention, other than maybe saying "That's quite a tune you're carrying. Been lobotomized recently?"

Model was great, though. I'd drawn her before.



I asked the group what they considered their lifedrawing "sweet spot" to be, as far as duration. I told them mine was 15 minutes, because it's short enough to keep me focused, but not so long that I fuck everything up. Was surprised to hear two people say "5 hours", the explanation being "We're painters." 5 hours! Guess that's why I'm not a painter...

I realized that I do lifedrawing the way some people do yoga. It's this meditative thing that simplifies my world, relieves tension and keeps me fit. Ommmmmmm....

4 comments:

Norman said...

she is a milf, do you mean 15 mins per sketch? how long does each little sketch take you? I am very slow

Allison Alexander Westbrook IV said...

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask what the duration on these are.

Paul Richards said...

This session started at 1 minutes, went to 2, and capped out with 10 minute poses. Generally they throw some 15-20 minutes in at the end.
If it goes over that, I tend to jump around the room to draw from different angles. Should really bone up and get those details in, but nnnnnnnn -- don't wanna!

chromasketch said...

great stuff can't wait to see more