This blog...

...was initially for pieces done on a computer, but has since become a free-for-all. Here you'll find process work (digital and otherwise), sketch pages and studies, sometimes with commentary.

You can see the rest of my work here.

Remember kids : if you can't make pretty designs, at least make pretty lines!

-Paul

Sunday, May 30, 2010

roller derby + notepad + sharpie

This was my second roller derby experience, and my first in Texas. I didn't understand what was happening half the time, but it was clear the Cherry Bombs mopped the track with the
Rhinestone Cowgirls. These ladies had some crazy-deft moves, and I was fortunate to have gotten a seat where I could draw their gestures. Sketching has a way of making sporting events tolerable.  So do hot pants.



Here are some fun names I jotted down. You can tell which ones caught my eye because they're hyperlinked.

-Lucy Cannon
-Missy Carriage
-Bully Jean
-Truckstop Trixie
-Kate or Die
-Veruca Assault
-Dee Toxin
-Honey Homocide
-Rice Rice Baby
-Dusty Double-Wide

4 comments:

Zeke said...

ha good stuff. At the opera sketching definitely made the slow scenes way more fun

Paul Richards said...

Hauling a sketchbook to an operahouse...now that takes balls.

Kendra Melton said...

Nice! I've been meaning to go check out a match and sketch but I think the season is already over here in LA, but now i'll have to go see if I was wrong. Very fun, lots of fun shapes and poses.

justink said...

mmmm.... hot pants...